Friday, May 1, 2009

Content Analysis Post 1

For my content analysis I chose the topic of Evansville power outages. I picked this topic because at the time due to a snow storm all over Evansville and Kentucky there was a major power outage that caused the school to be closed for almost a week. This to me seemed fine because we was out of school but we had no lights, heat and internet connection, because USI's campus apartments are electric powered. Then the city of Evansville and state of Kentucky called for a level two national guard state of emergency so that we could clear the roads to let Vectren (our electric company) fix this problem before it gets too out of hand.

To do this paper our teacher had us go online and find out some things about Evansville and our topics that we want to write about through newspaper articles from our local paper. Then we had to fill out an worksheet that could hep us in typing this content analysis paper.

My dominant issue was that the severe weather changes was affecting the electricity in Evansville causing the school to shut down and leaving the USI residents without light and heat.

My evidence was that I had first hand experience with what was going on at that time because I was living on campus and it was in the Courier Press.

The dominant groups that would be included in this paper would be vectren Evansville #1 electric company that is ran on coal. My evidence came from the Courier Press

I feel that the dominant values of Evansville is to conserve energy and lessen the amount of coal they burn to produce our electricity. I need to look up more about vectren and Evansville. This is just a basic idea of what Evansville value by reading a few articles from the Courier Press about vectren and Evansville. I feel that this whole state of emergency call showed how much we take our electric service for granted.

I think that we needed to enforce the law more at that point in time, because many of Evansville residents were told to stay off the roads unless it was needed so that vectren can fix the electricity. Many people didn't follow these directions and that is why it took so long to repair the electricity.

No comments:

Post a Comment